The Direct Network


Ready for Rush: From Client Services to Call Center

Posted by Dean Asher on Aug 4, 2015 5:00:00 AM
Topics: Higher Ed, mbs direct, K-12

It's that time of year again: Rush. No, we don't mean the Canadian prog-rockers. It's the time of year where higher ed and K-12 students alike are returning to their institutions for another term of learning and need their course materials — pretty much all at the same time.

IMG_5694

It's a busy season for MBS Direct, students and schools all alike. You've already seen how we get our books out the door, but course materials aren't as important as the people who use them. That's why we step up our game to make sure we're ready for the rush season at each of our more than 760 schools.

Contact Center

  • August is the busiest time of year at the Contact Center — over the next two weeks, our rep force will field more than 43,000 customer interactions.
  • Of those, 60% will be phone calls. The remaining 40% will be split up evenly between chats and emails.
  • 13 seasonal employees joined the 120 customer service reps at our 24/7 Contact Center to help with the increased workload.
  • Peak operations occur between 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. and 5-7 p.m. central time. While students may experience longer waits at peak, they can expect to have a response by phone within 1-2 minutes.
  • For customers' convenience, we offer a call-back feature for those who would rather not wait on the line.

Client Services

Students aren't the only folks who get support during this busy time of year. Whether it's your first rush with MBS Direct or your dozenth, our Client Services team is on standby to help.

"Some of the things I do to help facilitate the rush with my schools include calling to check in, sending information and reports as quickly as I can, and setting tons of reminders in my email," said Eric Dunn, Account Manager. "I don't think I could go another day without my reminders!"

You can see some of the other things our Client Services team do here.

About Dean Asher

Dean Asher is a former copywriter with MBS. Though he no longer writes for us, he is still proud of having helped this blog continue to evolve as an industry-leading resource of news and original content.

Related articles on the Direct Network

Article comments

Subscribe to Our Newsletter

Most popular posts

Most popular topics

see all