Buyback will be here before you know it and MBS Direct offers two options that make selling back books easy for your students. The EZ Drop buyback program, allows students to quickly drop off their books at a designated location and receive a check in the mail or via receive funds via PayPal. Online Buyback is ideal for students who either miss their EZ Drop event or attend a school that does not host one. Regardless of which option you choose, there are a few steps to follow for a successful buyback:
- Build your booklist early: The sooner you submit your booklist, the more books MBS Direct can purchase from your students and the higher the values will be
- Advertise often: Awareness is essential. Be sure to use the free resources available to your school
- Provide space for quote creation: Set up an area where your students can create their buyback quote. By walking them through the process, they will be more likely to complete it
- Choose the right dates: This is especially important for an EZ Drop event. Be sure to select dates when students are still at school. An ideal time frame is during the last week of classes
- Select a convenient location: Choose a centrally-located room to help drive traffic to your event
- Recruit volunteers: Reach out to school organizations such as the PTA or student government willing to spend a few hours packing boxes for extra money. The funds they raise are based on the total dollar amount of the books collected during EZ Drop, which means your volunteers want students to attend as much as you do.
Originally posted April 28, 2014